FOOD vs. SINGERS

FOOD FOR SONG...FOOD FOR THOUGHT
"Drink raw eggs and your voice will be perfect" I guess you have heard that a lot. Well singers who fall prey often come to me with complaints of vomiting or general nausea afterwards. This is because raw eggs contain salmonella which can be harmful to ones general health and cause irritation on the vocal folds(due to excess vomiting). I would not say #don't take it I would admonish you #KNOW YOUR BODY.
Also, as singers we hear alot about what to/ not to take to enhance vocal performance. But here are my submissions:
1) Eat what you desire but time them after knowing the rate at which they digest(following the chart below) and when you are to perform.
2) Take foods that go down well with you. Some people don't go well with certain food/fruit types. Personally I can't stand garlic...so study your body before ingesting anything.
4) Honey, ginger and lime should be a staple in your meal plan
3) Finally, the only thing I may say #don't to is taking iced beverages before/during a performance. You can go for warm to cool room temperature liquids/fruits but going all ice will react against your general body warmth.
In this part of the world where we experience immense heat I would advice you as a singer to take cool water in #extremely hot situations but not as a norm. The strength, stability and stamina of a voice is dependent on how well you care for it.

View Chart Below


Comments

  1. Wow,
    Thanks so very much great woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and God bless you ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you,aunty mo..God bless you,ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so informative. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much ma, God bless you
    Please ma am currently having issues with my vocals I can't pitch and am feeling pains in my throat,
    Please what could be the cause and how do I take care of it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pain in the throat could mean many things but what easily comes to mind is strain, over-your- range singing or overuse. Try to stay within your range but if you need to step it up, perform a lot of warmups and rehearse that key/note till your system is used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God deliver me from improperly combined foods 😪😏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TESTMONIALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS

EMMA THE GREAT!